All prices are inclusive of overheads such as:
Public liability insurance
Equipment wear and tear
Full safety equipment: Ropes, harness, anchors, helmets etc
At Rock Face Adventures we use a maximum ratios of 1:8, this ensures that we can give the best quality of instruction and keep our safety record at a high standard. However for some courses smaller ratios such as 1:4 may be necessary to maintain a safe environment.
Prices range from £50 per day depending on how many people are booking onto the course, when the course is and the aim of the course. This is a guide price but please get in touch for a no obligation chat and we can come to an agreeable price. To book either give our lead instructor, Luke, a call on 0754 0790 544, or book on the form below. We will call you back as soon as we receive your message or email.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Course places are confirmed on receipt of a £60 deposit or full course fee.
We will accept deposits for places on courses up to four weeks before the start of the course.
If you book less than four weeks before the start of the course please pay the full course fee to secure your place.
We accept payment by cheque and bank transfer.
Deposits are non-refundable.
Cancellations must be made in writing. 50% of the course fee will be charged if cancellation occurs less than four weeks before the start of the course.
In the event that it becomes necessary to cancel a course due to adverse weather or similar a full refund will be made (including deposit).
For full terms and conditions click here
These are example prices, costs may vary upon location and requested activities, which can affect the number of instructors required. Please enquire for price.,
Group Size Price Per Person
1 Person £130 £130
2 People £140 £70
3 People £165 £55
4 People £200 £50
+£40 for each additional person after 4
Frequently Asked Questions
Is climbing Dangerous?
As an activity climbing and the rock climbing environments can be hazardous. This is why at Rock Face Adventures we use qualified instructors, who are trained in allowing you to experience climbing in a safe manner. We ensure our instructors are registered and kept up to date with current techniques through MLTA (Mountain Leader Training Associations).
The BMC's participation statement;
The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.
What equipment/clothing do I need?
Think smart and come prepared for the weather. On a cliff edge it will always be windier than predicted and on a cold day it will whip the heat from your body, on a hot day the wind will dry your skin and assist the sun in burning so covering up is always recommended, wear comfortable shoes. We will try to provide foot wear for climbing in if you don't already own a pair of rock boots.
As for other equipment we will provide ropes for our own courses and will provide harnesses and other required gear for the day. So just bring yourselves, comfortable clothing to climb in and be prepared for the weather.
If you have or are looking to buy your own harness and equipment feel free to bring it along for the day to use. The instructor on the day has the right to check your equipment is suitable for use beforehand.
Where do you operate?
Rock Face Adventures are willing to travel anywhere within the UK, predominantly we operate in the central areas such as The Peak District, Wales and the Lake District.
Where are you based?
Rock Face Adventures Is based in Nottingham.
What age do you cater for?
Currently we cater for age 6 upwards with a parent or gaurdian present, we are looking into working with youth groups in the outdoors. If you have any enquiries into taking your kids for an adventure day outdoor please ask, we may be able to accommodate the party under agreed terms and conditions.
Do you have to climb indoors before going outside?
No. Some people actually find it easier to not have any prior conceptions about climbing others find the athletic appeal of indoor climbing to benefit them. It may or may not help. Our Instructors and coaches are used to working with all experience levels.
The weathers poor what do we do?
There is always a wet weather option, and a windy day option. Sometimes it will involve climbing indoors, other times it will be bouldering. Most of the time it will depend upon your preference, climbing in the cold and wet isn't always fun but it is both English and full of adventure. So just because the forecast is not great that doesn't mean there won't be anywhere dry or out of the wind. There are hundreds of crags and some spots are great for getting away from the worst of the weather.
I don't guarantee comfort but I will provide a great experience either way.
We cant make what's the best option?
Once an Enquiry or booking is made you will have a contact number for your Instructor and Rock Face Adventures direct number. Call us, we may be able to rearrange the booking for a different day or pair you up with other clients at a different session.
Full Terms and Conditions
Acknowledgement of Risk The British Mountaineering Council’s participation statement: The BMC recognises that climbing, hill walking and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvements
.All participants on Rock Face Adventures courses must be aware of this and accept the risks associated with these activities.
Terms and Conditions
1. When making a booking, it is implied that clients have read, understood and agree to all Terms and Conditions.
2. All bookings are made by contacting Luke Mansfield
3. A provisional booking is made on receipt of a completed booking form to Rock Face Adventures, Receipt of £60 of the total course cost will constitute Rock Face Adventures and your course will be reserved. For bookings made less than four weeks prior to the course starting, payment must be made in full at time of booking.
4.Once a Reserve Booking Deposit has been received Rock Face Adventures will email the client a confirmation receipt of the amount received and will confirm the booking as reserved. You will also be sent information regarding course details.
5. The Reserve Booking Deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
6. The balance in full must be received no later than four weeks prior to the course starting.
7. Rock Face Adventures reserve the right to cancel the booking should the balance not be received four weeks prior to the course starting.8. Course fees are to be made by cheque payable to “Luke Mansfield”, by bank transfer (details available at booking) or Paypal (unique link provided at time of booking).
9. Rock Face Adventures accepts no liability for the death of or personal injury to anyone on their courses as well as any loss or damage to personal property, unless proven negligent in court.
10. Any loss or damage by the client to Rock Face Adventures equipment will be chargeable at full trade cost.
11. Rock Face Adventures does not accept responsibility for the loss of expenses due to delays or changes to travel services, accommodation, sickness, weather or any other cause outside the control of Rock Face Adventures.
12. Rock Face Adventures reserves the right to stop any activity if a participant is disregarding the Instructor’s directions or are acting in an unsafe way that could result in an accident to themselves or others. In such a case no refund of course fees will be given.
Cancellations by the Client
1. All cancellations must be made by email to Luke Mansfield at Info.firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If cancellations are made four weeks before the course start date monies received will be refunded, less the £60 Reserve Booking Deposit.
3. If cancellations are made between four and two weeks prior to the start of the course, 25% of the total course fee will be refunded.
4. If cancellations are made less than two weeks prior to the start of the course, no refund will be given.
Cancellations by Rock Face Adventures.
1.Rock Face Adventures will do their absolute best to run all courses as programmed. However, Rock Face Adventures reserves the right to cancel courses if they believe the weather conditions to be unsuitable or if there is unexpected illness to the Course Director.
2. In the event that Rock Face Adventures has to cancel a course, the client will have one of two options;
a. A full refund of any monies received up to that point.
b. An alternative date to run the same course.
Even though Rock Face Adventures carries full Public Liability Insurance for all activities undertaken, we strongly recommend that you take out your own personal accident/cancellation insurance for all courses booked through Rock Face Adventures. Check out the British Mountaineering Council’s website for full insurance details. www.thebmc.co.uk